Followers

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Truth will be found

I have been deeply troubled over the topic I will discuss today.  The veracity of the Book of Mormon.  Before I deceive anyone today, I am not troubled over the actual veracity of the Book of Mormon, for I know it is true.  I am troubled over how many people actually believe the arguments that come up against it.  For those who are reading this and are unfamiliar with the Book of Mormon, it is another testament of Jesus Christ that goes hand in hand with the Bible.  It is the testimony of the ancient inhabitants of the Americas.  How powerful to know it was not just the inhabitants of Jerusalem who testified of Christ, it was the people here too.  This is not my topic of today though.  Enemies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have long tried to disprove the veracity of The Book of Mormon, and how it came to be.  I will take just one modern day argument they have.  I would like to point out that standing alone none of these arguments hold, any intelligent, scientific, person can tell that the arguments are lacking and that there is most likely a reasonable explanation, so the enemies of the church put all of them together to make them appear valid.  What kind of Science is that?  I will take one today.  They have done some DNA testing of some native Americans, and it does not match up with the DNA of people from Jerusalem.  Ok, the key word here is some.  They have not tested every single person who's ancient inhabitants came from here.  They say their DNA matches more with the Asians.  I'm ok with that, why because again the key word is some.  Our own Book of Mormon talks of other inhabitants, the Mulekites, the Jaredites. Who are we to say there wasn't more, they just weren't mentioned in the Book of Mormon.  If there were more who are we to say they didn't intermingle with the descendants of The Book of Mormon.  The record in the Book of Mormon stops about 400 AD, so we have over a thousand years unaccounted for.  Not only that we have over two thousand years only accounted for by one group of people.  I don't think you have to be a scientist to see that this reason alone does not disprove the Book of Mormon.  This was one of the stronger arguments.  The point I would like to make is you will find what you are searching for, you will find where your heart is.  If you don't want to believe, you will find reasons not to.  If you do, if you have any desire at all, Moroni promised in Moroni 10:3-5 "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom  in God that ye should read them...........and ponder them in your hearts.  And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.  And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." I testify that all who try this experiment will receive an answer.  I know because God has answered me.  I know it is true.  God will not answer me one way, and you another, else in one of the cases he would be a liar.  If you choose to disbelieve my testimony then you choose to believe I am either crazy, naive, unintelligent, or a believer in fairy tales.  If you truly know me, you should know none of these are true.  I write this out of love for all my family and friends who have been misled by these enemies. I need you to know, I do not consider any of you to be an enemy, nor will I ever.  For I have seen you as God sees you.  You are not my enemy.  All of you are Sons and Daughters of God, I have seen what you can become.  That may seem bold to say that, but God has given me that gift.  My prayers are always with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment